Friday, October 27, 2006

Support Firefox

An early convert to the Firefox browser, I hate it when I am sitting on a strange PC and have to use Internet Explorer. With all due respect, IE sucks! Now Microsoft has launched a new version of IE that has supposedly copied some of Firefox's best features - tabbed browsing, web feeds, the works. While I am positive that Firefox will continue to remain the better browser, I would like to take the opportunity to urge all non users to please switch to Firefox. Firefox currently claims 11.5% market share (IE is at around 85%, mainly because it bundled with Windows)- each percentage point has been hard earned and it would be a shame to lose any of it. So, if you don't have Firefox yet, get it now!

1 comment:

sitaramc said...

Way back in 2000 (or 2001?) I remember 4 young kids came into my office and asked if they could install Linux on a couple of the spare machines lying around, just because they were interested.

It's nice to know that the geek inside you never really dies, even if you become an equity analyst!