Watched The Doors last night. The last time I watched it, I was in school or early college and was totally fascinated by The Doors (Morrison and the music). This time around, the music brought tears to my eyes, but I kept thinking how Morrison could write such beautiful words and still have been such a p#&@k. Well, I still love the guy, so I'll blame Val Kilmer for it :).
Finally managed to watch Casino Royale. The movie has several firsts for a Bond film:
- Bond can fight and looks like he can take out a dozen guys by himself.
- Bond is intense and brooding, and really,really HOT.
- No Q - but that doesn't mean that there are no gadgets, its just that they are more believable (remember Brosnan and the amazing weight lifting watch?).
- A well defined character for the female lead.
- The recipe for Bond's vodkatini and the reason why its shaken, not stirred.
- Multiple shots of Bond's buff body in powder blue swimming trunks - Bond is the babe in this one. Take a look:
Verdict: Not bad. I mean the movie ;)