Friday, April 25, 2008

At this rate...

... I will swear off this country's prospects for development. I have been behind Whirlpool for a week now and everyday, the customer care centre assures me that a technician will come to fix my problem. Btw, my 'problem' is that my brand new refrigerator came with a broken ice tray, and rather dusty interiors. And I'm still running behind their really pathetic service set up to get at least the tray replaced.

In the meantime, DTDC has managed to lose some of the stuff my mother couriered - they seem pretty confused about how many items they've lost. They charge as much as a plane ticket to my hometown, and don't even bother calling up to say they are delayed. Its been 5 days post their 3-day delivery schedule and I don't even know if they are going to deliver my stuff this year or the next. No wonder my green-card-holding-US-relatives complain about living standards in India!

4 comments:

Anush said...

maybe.

but your green-card-holding-US-relatives are not at HOME [:)]

Diviya said...

In the time it took for the courier to reach, my green-card-holding-US-relatives could have come to India, spent a week and gone back!

Anush said...

say wateva u wanna mam [:)]

both of us kno whos luckier [:)]

Diviya said...

thats true :)